The Jourdan House, located at 514 S. Duke Street, is a 3,688 SF two- story office building on a 0.26 acres in the heart of downtown Durham. The building is ideally situated adjacent to the American Tobacco Campus, the planned 14-acre ATC expansion, and the Broadstone apartments and is immediately accessible off NC-147 with free surface parking on- site. The Brightleaf Historic District, Durham's central core, Warehouse District, and Durham Innovation District can be accessed within five minutes by foot.
Built in 1910 by Stanislaus Jourdan, who owned the Jourdan Transfer Company in Durham, The Jourdan House is the sole building remaining from a once residential streetscape along South Duke Street north of Morehead Avenue in downtown Durham. Despite early 20th century commercial expansion taking over the surrounding area, this stretch of S. Duke Street remained residential through the 1950s. All but the Jourdan House have since been demolished, but it remains as a phenomenally located property with its early 20th century character intact.