Careers at DDI
Downtown Durham Neighborhood Program Manager
The Downtown Durham Neighborhood Program Manager is responsible for management and implementation of the Choice Neighborhood Initiative – Critical Community Improvement (CCI) plan, which will focus on developing a new park, environmental justice, business retention and recruitment grants, façade improvements for the Hayti Heritage Center, and reconnecting the Hayti neighborhood to other parts of downtown. The Program Manager will also be responsible for maintaining a list of neighborhood investments.
The Program Manager will work closely with CCI partners, including the Durham Housing Authority, the City of Durham, and the Hayti Heritage Center. The successful candidate must align with our vision and mission as well as have project, contract and budget management experience.
The candidate must be confident in speaking and working with the public, corporate leaders and public officials; able to work independently and as a member of our team; comfortable handling multiple projects at the same time; have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable with technology and learning new technology.
The Program Manager reports directly to the President & CEO. This position is full-time.
Downtown Durham, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization that envisions downtown as the diverse, unique and thriving heart of Durham that is welcoming to all. Our mission is to enhance the environment, economy and vitality of downtown Durham, while preserving and enriching its distinctive culture and strong sense of community.
BENEFITS: Vacation, holiday and sick leave, health insurance, retirement program, parking.
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume to [email protected], with the subject line: “Downtown Durham Neighborhood Program Manager.” Include a brief description of why you are interested in the position and a list of three references.
COVID-19 VACCINE POLICY: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. COVID-19 vaccination includes 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Represent DDI at meetings and civic events as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all HUD, federal, state, and local government laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency in community redevelopment and public-private partnerships.
- Ability to gather, analyze and synthesize data.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities, successfully manage multiple tasks and meet multiple deadlines.
- Detail oriented, well organized with strong follow-through behavior.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be creative, actively learn and do what it takes to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of local, state and national policies, issues and best practices around community redevelopment and affordable housing.
- Experience and skill using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.