The Chesterfield is a 284,000 square foot adaptive re-use historic building in downtown Durham that will be a new center of gravity in the life science and technology ecosystem. This home of innovation will offer unparalleled proximity to Durham’ s best people, ideas and possibilities and will feature office, lab and complementary retail spaces in the growing downtown market. A large internal atrium will be added which, along with new windows and storefronts, will increase the amount of natural light in work spaces, enhance the building’ s street presence, and provide spaces for collaboration, networking and events.
Delivering Q1 2017.
As a Wexford Knowledge Community, The Chesterfield will offer tenants benefits such as:
* A dramatic six-story, 3,500 square foot interior atrium that will host regular onsite programming
* Small Innovation Labs by a national leader in Innovation spaces
* Onsite restaurants, including walk-up and table service
* Indoor and outdoor seating adjacent to food and shopping kiosks
* Indoor, secure bicycle storage
* Shower and locker facility
* Shared conferencing space
* 24/7 manned security desk with secure access for tenants above 2nd floor
* Onsite Day Porter and Concierge services
* Premium onsite reserved parking and off site deck parking within two blocks
This prominent building, originally the Liggett & Myers Tobacco Company factory, is located in Durham’ s Warehouse District at the corner of Duke and Main Streets, a vibrant area featuring restaurants, retail, entertainment and housing.