about the location
- 327,000 square feet on the National Historic Register as the Golden Belt Manufacturing Company
- One of Durham’s last historic textile mills to be creatively reused
- Creative Office, Retail, Live/Work Apartments, Artist Studios, Live Music, Events and more
- Exposed brick and beam with 12’+ ceilings and large windows offering rich, natural light
- Built in 1901, fully renovated in 2008 (Golden Belt) and 2018 (Mill No.1)
- Free on-campus parking and significant free public parking surrounding the campus
- 24/7 on-campus security
The Golden Belt Campus serves our community as well as our tenants. Public spaces between the buildings will be accessible, welcoming and programmed with music, weekend markets, events, and artistic happenings. A sampling of current amenities includes:
The Mill stage and Plaza at Mill No. 1 has a fire pit adjacent to a live music venue, and an outdoor dining area. The Stage hosted over 80 free events for the community in 2019, including concerts, movie nights, fitness classes, and family entertainment activities.
- Hi-Wire Brewing out of Ashville, NC has opened a taproom with game room/entertainment space. www.hiwirebrewing.com
- The Mill Stage opened in 2019 as the newest outdoor performing arts stage in Durham, NC. This 1225 ft.² stage can accommodate 400+ people in a 13K SF green space. The stage hosts the best in local, regional and national talent by partnering with local influencers and arts nonprofits. Events are presented weekly from April through October, and is available for private events. Learn more at this link: http://www.goldenbeltarts.com/event-space/
- Food and beverage will front the Plaza, creating a gathering place for the Campus and neighborhood. Additional F&B providers are targeted for other areas of the Campus. *Update* Golden Belt Campus is excited to welcome Two Roosters Ice Cream, Yaya Tea, and J. Lights Market & Café to the Campus for third quarter 2020. Yaya Tea, an Asian concept serving gourmet tea, onigiri rice balls and other Japanese treats will be opening in Building Two, Two Roosters is set to open in the Pump House fronting on the Plaza, and J. Lights will front the Mill Stage and Plaza.
- The North Parking lot has electrical hook ups for food trucks to provide instant activation for the Plaza, and a rotating list of operators provide variety for patrons.
- The glass roofed Grand Gallery connects the three and one-story Mill No.1 buildings to create a dramatic and unique entrance to the Mill No.1 side of the Campus. The Grand Gallery serves as the main artery connecting the East side of the campus to our Mill offices, retail, and art galleries. The Grand Gallery features exhibits from the best of our local art scene as well as direct access to our artist galleries and work spaces, and is available for private events.
- Golden Belt features a newly renovated workout facility, including showers and lockers.
- The Campus also offers numerous outdoor gathering areas for tenants to enjoy.
- Considered to have one of the most beautiful catering halls in Durham, The Cotton Room is an all-inclusive event space with multiple on-campus venues. The Cotton Room can host a range up to 440 guests for corporate meetings to product launches, and holiday parties to weddings www.thecottonroomdurham.com
- Moshi Moshi – a full-service hair and skin care salon www.moshimoshimeanshello.com
- The Bull City Connector is a fare-free downtown-specific route from Duke University on the west end to Golden Belt on the east end. The buses run every 17 minutes Monday through Friday 6:30am-9pm and Saturday 10am-9pm. www.godurhamtransit.org
3 Spaces Available:
9,707 – 11,563 SF