FOH Assistant Manager
Dashi Assistant Manager Job Description
The Dashi Assistant Manager manages:
• All FOH operations: First floor “Ramen Shop” where the ramen kitchen is located, Second Floor “Izakaya” where the bar is located (both floors serve the same menu), and TOGO service which includes pickup and delivery.
• food and beverage sales
• door and flow of service
• beer, wine/sake and liquor inventory for the entire restaurant • beverage inventory and cost analysis
The Assistant Manager’s primary goals are to:
Find and lead a service staff that provides exemplary customer service.
The Assistant Manager’s team includes:
• Head bartender
• Cocktail Servers
• Food Runners
Assistant Manager assists in:
• Helping to run Dashi’s beverage program in partnership with the head bartender: Maintaining the menu revision schedule, consistent correspondence with our marketing department about menu changes and updating and printing new menus
• Ordering all items needed for beverages at Dashi, manage all beverage related inventory and pays invoices for beverage related product
• Tracking inventory to deter theft
• Managing food and beverage costs
• Food and beverage related education and development for all Dashi FOH staff • Ensuring consistency and excellence in the delivery of all food and beverages to all guests at Dashi
• Providing excellent omakase meal experiences and private dining experiences.
Assistant Manager fields omakase inquires, trains service staff, and handles the guest experience through the completion of the private party, ensuring exemplary service.
• Entering new employees into the POS, the online payroll portal, and scheduling app
• Scheduling FOH staff and tracking labor cost
• Providing clear communication about daily progress in the restaurant. This includes:
– Daily and detailed shift reports
– Daily line ups and clear communication to staff
– Coming prepared with numbers and updates to weekly management meetings
How your work will be measured:
• sales and margin goals
• client feedback/satisfaction
• labor cost goals
• profitability goals
• staff retention and morale
Things we love:
• Team members that take pride in their work.
• Working with people who do their best to give 100% everyday! • Team members who strive to be just a little better at their job every day, and who create something incredible that they are proud of each day they come to work.
Things we don’t love:
• Employees that complain and gossip about guests and co-workers.
• Excuses for less than excellent work, or shortcuts that compromise quality.
• Inelegant, poorly designed systems.
• Inefficiency, wasted time, and laziness.
Hours and Working Expectations Workload of 40-50 hours per week. Managing front of house operations at Dashi will require long hours and attention to detail. We want a manager who will take ownership of our restaurant and who wants to be a part of a management team that will set the tone at Dashi. The Assistant Manager will work under the direction of the General Manager to ensure consistent food and beverage service in the dining room and izakaya. It is the job of the Assistant Manager to identify problems with service, and then to design and implement solutions. You must be a self-starter, with great people and leadership skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org