- This event has passed.
Beer 101: A Party for the Park!
October 23 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
With Chris Creech, Co-owner and Head Brewer of The Glass Jug
Join us for a fun and engaging evening learning about and tasting beer from one of Durham’s premier breweries. This will be a fun, casual class where Chris will walk us through 4 beers and give us some insightful information about the styles of beer we’re drinking, the fascinating histories tied to them, and give us other pro-tips and bits of knowledge for enjoying a great craft beer.
You’ll also take home a souvenir and support Durham Central Park as part of your ticket price.
Chris is an excellent speaker. He has taught countless classes on beer to a wide variety of audiences, from novice beer drinkers to leading industry experts. If you haven’t been to one of his classes yet, you’re missing out. Join us!
There are two packages available
1. Beer Class – $25/person
– 45 minute beer class, led by Chris Creech, Co-Owner and Head Brewer of The Glass Jug Beer Lab, followed by mingling with other park supporters
– Four 5oz beer samples throughout the class
– A pub-style Glass Jug pint glass to take home
– A portion of proceeds will be donated to Durham Central Park
2. Beer Class *Premium* – $50/person
Everything included in the Beer Class package, with the following upgrades:
– A drink ticket that can be exchanged for another beverage of your choice after class
– A mixed 4-pack of 16 oz Glass Jug cans to take home after the event
– An increased donation to Durham Central Park
Host: Katy and Chris Creech, owner of the The Glass Jug with Mike Shiflett
545 Foster Street
5:30 pm – 7:00
$25 or $50