Downtown Water Update
Upcoming Construction Schedule as of 8/29/14
Week of September 1, 2014:
- The staging area (City parking lot north of the Fire Station between Morgan and Cleveland) will be closed beginning September 2nd and materials / equipment will begin arriving on site. The Contractor will use this staging area to store materials and equipment for the duration of the project.
- Existing utilities will begin to be located (paint on the ground) in the Government Alley, Church Street, and at Ramseur/Mangum. The “Government Alley” is the driveway and parking area between the old Durham County Court House building and the Church Street Parking Garage.
Week of September 8, 2014:
- Installation of the waterline in the Government Alley will begin.
- Parking and through traffic in this area will be closed in the Alley during installations. The entrance/exit to the Church Street Parking Garage will remain open. Access to the parking garage beneath the Durham County Court House will be accessible via Ramseur Street when the Government Alley is closed.
- Pedestrian access to the old Durham County Court House will be maintained via existing sidewalk and ramps. Any necessary pedestrian detours will be marked.
- Complete waterline installation in Government Alley.
- Begin waterline installation in Church Street. Church Street will be closed during construction, and daytime work hours are anticipated.
- Begin waterline installation at the intersection of Ramseur / Mangum during night/weekend work hours.